The question that all internet marketers ask is how they can increase traffic to their website. As you are already aware, when you have more traffic to your website, that means your revenue is also going to increase. So whether your business is a small one man show or a corporate entity, the concern is always how to get the larger portion of traffic to your website. If your website does not generate enough interest to make more visitors come to your website, then your business is at risk of failing. But you can avoid this if you follow effective internet marketing guidelines.
Below are six ways that you can ensure you don’t fall in the category of failures.
1. Optimize your site – If you already have a running website and you are not generating enough traffic, you must have been wondering what is happening. One of the reasons might be that your site is not adequately optimized. By optimizing your site, you need to strategically place your keywords in your website in a way that the search engine can easily identity your site. Place your keywords on the Meta tags (title, description and keywords), in the main page of your site, in the first paragraphs of your content, in the anchor text of links on your page and even in file names and directories.
2. Increase site content – Ensure your site has enough content on every page. What people don’t realize is that even the inner pages are identified as mini sites by the search engines. When you add more pages in your site that are adequately optimized, then you can be sure the search engines will easily find your site.
3. Increase incoming links – Have your site links in other popular websites. When people browse those sites, they can be redirected to your site, hence you site will be able to receive a lot of traffic. The Google search results are also widely based on these link vots which in seo term is called backlinks, so ensure you have URLs in other directories as well.
4. Publish your content in other websites – Ensure you submit your articles to other websites with a link directing them to your site. This will drive traffic to your site as those visitors will be seeking to have more information about the content.
5. Offline advertising – If you have some money to spend, then you can use offline advertising to make your site known e.g. Print media, electronic media etc.
6. Per Per Click Advertising – Engage with companies that offer per per click advertising whereby you only pay as per the number of clicks to your advertisement e.g. Google Adwords.
If you implement all these tips, you can be sure you will drive traffic to your site.